In addition to these safeguards, your personal data is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act 1998 and other legislation in other territories. This provides, amongst other things, that the personal data we hold about you should be processed lawfully and fairly.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information about you
We do not automatically collect or process any personally identifiable information such as names, date of birth, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses or other information (“Personal Data”). Personal Data that we may collect and process about you is provided by you on a voluntary basis and you do not have to provide this information to access our website www.mullerrice.com (our “Website”).
We may collect and process Personal Data about you when you:
• fill in forms on our Website;
• register to use our Website and create a user account;
• correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
• subscribe to our consumer email database through the Website or otherwise; and/or
• enter one of our competitions or promotions.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
How we use your Personal Data
We respect your privacy and we will treat all Personal Data received from any visitor to our Website as confidential. It will only be used for Müller business purposes or on our behalf by third party agents selected by us in connection with an offer, promotion or similar and who have agreed to keep it confidential and who will only use it for Müller business purposes.
We will not, and will not authorise any third party agent to, sell or rent your Personal Data. Where we do collect Personal Data from you, we will give you the option to tick a box to give us consent to contact you by email with product information, offerings and promotions which we feel may be of interest to you. If you consent to be contacted, you will be added to our email database.
You are entitled to obtain details of the information that we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee). You may also ask us to make changes to the information we hold about you to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please send an e-mail to consumers(at)muller.co.uk
How to unsubscribe from our email database
If you wish to be removed from our email database, you may instruct us to do so at any time by e-mailing us at unsub.muller(at)f7.de
Where we store your Personal Data
Disclosure of your Personal Data
We may disclose your personal information to any member of the Müller Group.
We may also disclose your Personal Data to third parties:
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• if Müller or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it will be one of the transferred assets; and
• where we believe the law requires it or in response to a demand by any regulatory, enforcement or other government authority.
We are always particularly mindful about maintaining the privacy of children who visit our Website. Müller encourages all parents to instruct their children in the safe and responsible use of Personal Data whilst using the internet. Where we do, on occasions, request children to provide Personal Data to us voluntarily, we always include notices reminding them to obtain parental permission before doing so.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies on our Website:
• Analytical cookies – These cookies are stored temporarily. They allow us to count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works. The cookies we use cannot identify individuals and are used for statistical purposes only.
• Functionality cookies - These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to keep you logged in.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below.
This cookie enables us to estimate our audience size and usage pattern. The cookie is deleted after 730 days.
| || |
This cookie enables us to estimate our audience size and usage pattern. The cookie is deleted at the end of your session.
• For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
• For Mozilla Firefox:
• For further information:
Other Important Information
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Muller UK & Ireland Group LLP of Shrewsbury Road, Market Drayton, Shropshire, TF9 3SQ, registered in England and Wales under partnership number OC384928.
Our Website may contain links to and from websites of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and others which may be of interest to you. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites will have their own privacy policies and cookies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies and cookies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
We take every precaution to ensure that all information received from our Website visitors is as secure as possible to protect against unauthorised access and use. However, please remember that the internet may not be a secure medium and accordingly the security of information transmitted over the internet cannot be guaranteed by us.